The Rats Nest

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Gadgets

So as you all have probably figured out by now, I'm a bit of a gadget geek. Well I guess all of us flyfishers and fly tiers are to some degree. This has been a pretty banner year for new materials and tying tools. The first one I blogged about earlier this year was the MP bobbin, and now I'm squawking about the Twisted Loop Scissors by Dr. Slick. I probably own somewhere around 2-3 dozen tying scissors and until recently hadn't found a pair I was overly impressed with. Dr. Slick does make fine tools, but I never really fell in love with them as I could never really get comfortable with them in my hand while tying. I have even tried the scissors by single barbed, and although the concept is brilliant the scissors in general are mediocre at best.

The twisted loops are rather unique in that they spread the finger holes apart which makes cutting during production tying a breeze when looking for speed. As you can see in the photos it's easy to cut your materials with the business end in between your pointer and middle fingers. Check them out, they get two thumbs up in my book.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Blog Archive