The Rats Nest

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Back On The Vise Again.......

A Handful Of Orange Busted Stones For Some Friends 

Topside View
Wow, six weeks later and I finally tied some flies.  I got into a groove and spun up some high water nymphs for this weekend, figuring the rivers gonna be up after the 3 plus inches of rain we received over the last 24 hours.  After about 5 dozen nymphs I decided to get cracking on a long overdue pile of promised specimens for my buddies Dan and Tom Harrison of Harrison Anglers on the Deerfield. They had some resounding success on the golden and brown ones, but like most, the boys had a favorite color combo and made a request.  Being a busy bee all summer I slipped up a bit and never got around to them.  Better late than never I guess, a man's word is all he's got.  After sending off a couple of preview pics, they got the nod and will be hand delivered next Friday.  As you can see, I am still playing with the new D5100, I think a macro lens fund is in the making, and will help me snap some photos of my flies and bugs.  It sure is nice to be back on the horse again, soon I'll be churning out dozens and dozens of flies daily.  Got the blood moving back in the old hands just in time for next weekends class.

Blog Archive