The Rats Nest

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Breathe Of Fresh Air, Finally

Kitchen Coming Together, Courtesy Of Rich Sr.
Just A Taste Of The Devastation From Alfred, That's An Almost 3 Foot Across Oak Tree
 Where to start, boy it's been an eventful three or more weeks.  The kitchen is finally coming together despite winter storm Alfred kicking me square in the coin purse and delaying the project a full 10 days.  A week long power outage will do that unfortunately, but hey what ya gonna do I suppose.  The hardwood floors are in, lower level cabinets are set with uppers to follow this weekend, and the granite was templated yesterday.  If all goes as planned we should be fully functional by Thanksgiving.  We are hoping to be back in the house on Monday,  keeping my fingers crossed to say the least. 
Just a Taste Of The Fish That Were Caught Today

Our New Toy, Now To Figure Out How To Use It
Seeing as how it's been full bore renovation mode, long days, late nights, and work on top of it, I was long overdue for some river time.  I managed to sneak out today for a few hours and swing my day away with some of my BS Swingers  , managing a nice couple handfuls of browns, all thin and post spawn.  Nothing huge, but some really eager eaters as I would call them.  Even though I wasn't fighting for open water, I did manage to see some rather irritating things on the water.   Aside from some jerk who felt compelled to follow me around for an hour or two, I watched two chuckle heads walking all over some fairly newly dug Redd's in a more than obvious patch of gravel.  Let's just say I am so happy that I am not going to be guiding for a while as the antics on my home waters have me sick to my stomach, I just hope that the newly passed TMA expansion helps spread the fisherman out more next year and continue to expand the level of the fishery, time will tell I guess.

On another note, my very successful wife won yet another contest with work and got the family this nice little camera over here.  The new Nikon D5100 is a great DSLR with full 1080p HD video capabilities.  Now we just have to learn how to use it and I think you can bet that my future videos and photographs will be even more top notch.    Looks like I have the key ingredient to pump out those tying DVDs many of you have been inquiring about.  I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime if anyone out there can steer me in the right direction to a good photography class in my area, I'm all ears.  

Blog Archive