The Rats Nest

Friday, November 18, 2011

Business Changes

As you all may have already figured out, I am no longer guiding.  It was a personal decision that was based around what is best for my family.  2012 would have marked my 10th year as a guide, and although I made some great relationships along the way, produced a great presence in the "fly fishing scene", it was becoming overwhelming keeping up with it all.  If this was my primary career it would have been a piece of cake, but unfortunately that just isn't the case.  I may get back into guiding again someday, I just don't know when for sure. 

I will however keep up this blog, or refine it a bit, the main website is going to disappear shortly, in fact it may be replaced with something new.  For all of you who have been so positive with my fly tying videos and fly design, no need to worry, that portion is going to remain, and I intend keep designing and tying fresh new patterns with old and new materials.  I am not quite sure yet if I will keep the fly store up, I literally just got back to the vise last night after a 6 week hiatus. 

On the flip side of things, I will be conducting some interesting fly tying classes on a yearly basis, one of which is coming up on December 3rd.  A second one involving various means to articulate streamers will be forthcoming in the winter months, and as soon as Grady and I decide on a date, I will post it on the blog. 

Thanks for everything folks, I couldn't have done it all without your support, and may you all have a Happy Thanksgiving next week.  I will keep you all posted on my efforts, stay tuned.

Rich

Blog Archive