The Rats Nest

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Few Sculpins Headed To Idaho And A Forthcoming Surprise



Staged For Completion
With Final Product
Been doing a few small orders here and there over the last week or two.  The one pictured here is one I was a little more fond of than the others as I was tasked with being a little more creative in color schemes, and was not going to have to tie dozens of flies to fill it.  A nice gentleman from Idaho contacted me and was looking for some of my Meat Helmet Sculpins, only with a little spin on the design.  Olive was a must, but a tan version was what he was looking for, so  I accepted the challenge and concocted a pretty nice product if I do say so myself.  Now for the fish to decide I guess, hopefully some photos will be coming my way down the road.  The Fly Tying Class is this Saturday and it is full, so I plan on 

having not only a blog post heavy with photos, but some more fun stuff to add.  Thanks for all of you that signed up, if there is enouth interest out there I will offer the same course up again soon.  As I stated in an earlier blog post, I will be announcing an Articulated Streamers Class for over the winter.  In the class will be various methods in which to construct articulated streamers.   I will apologize for not getting up any videos this month, but as you all have known it's been a busy November.  I promise to make up for that soon.
Some Custom In Tan, I like The Looks Of These

Lastly, as a result of the web program that I am using no longer being available in a few months, I was forced to come up with a game plan for my fly store.  I am happy to say that I have found a solid resolution to this that has been waiting around for me to get off my lazy behind.  The beauty of this opportunity is it will be an easy way for you my customers to purchase my flies, but it will also put my creations out there to a bigger audience.  I will fill you all in when this gets going, as it is pretty exciting to say the least...

Blog Archive