The Rats Nest

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Catching Shadows Fly Store, Showcasing Euro-Style Weighted Nymphs

I thought it would be fitting to periodically showcase a section of my Online Fly Store.  I can say that I am very happy with the online storefront I created with Goodsie, and I look forward to adding new and old patterns to the storefront in the coming months.

I thought to kick the showcase off, it would be fitting to highlight a genre of fly patterns that are really gaining momentum in the last couple of years.  Weighted nymphs are just plain old fish catchers if employed in the proper rig, and they account for fish pretty much every day of the year.  The only problem for most of the anglers out there who don't tie is finding a place to purchase an array of various effective weighted flies.

Case Closed Weighted Cased Caddis

The nice thing about the Euro-style nymphs for sale in my storefront is most of them are not what I would call mainstream patterns.  What I am referring to is the fact that they are not in every one's fly box, yet.  Some of the patterns are in the Pacific Fly Group Catalog, but most of them aren't and are only found for sale here.  Check out the Euro Nymph Section of my Goodsie store, and hopefully you will find what you are looking for.  Questions are always welcome, so feel free to drop a line.   

Jig Style Nymph

Woven Mayfly Nymph
Rock Candy Larva

Blog Archive