The Rats Nest

Friday, April 27, 2012

Rapid River Maine, Here I Come.

Fly store is officially closed for the next week.  I will be leaving next Wednesday for 5 days to one of my favorite locales for some R&R.   No power, no phones, nothing but wilderness, Brook Trout, Landlocked Salmon and some peace of mind, going off the grid so to speak.  It has been 5 years since I last went to camp, and I can honestly say that although it flew by way too fast, it has been far too long since I've been back.  

I managed to spin up a pile of flies for myself this week, which was a nice change of pace.  I'll leave you with some photos of years past, and some of the flies I compiled thus far.  I will be packing all week in between work and tying, heck I may even add some more pictures to the mix.  Until my return, have a good week and happy fishing.
Pocket Water Delight

The View Of Umbagog From Camp

Landlocked Salmon, One of Two Species I'll Be Chasing

Real Northeastern River

Peace And Quiet
Rock Candy Pile
Ice Pick Brigade

Blog Archive