The Rats Nest

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fishing Report And Some Other Flytying Tidbits

If you saw the Twitter post recently, you probably know that I have a bit of a hole to dig out of.  I am also waiting on a shipment of tungsten beads to polish off the remainder of the orders from last weeks deal, so I hope all of you who have not received your flies can bear with me.  Once the beads come in I can finish up and catch up, sort of.....
Nymph Order with Some Iso's 

I just came back from a day or two of fishing in the Catskills and boy was the weather brutal.  Watching the guides row their clients in less than desireable flows with brutal sun and hot weather further cemented the fact that I made the right decision this year to hang them up for a while.  To all you guys out there, I do not envy you one bit, you truly earn your money and my hats are off to you.
Spinners Anyone?

This brings me to another quick tidbit, I was absolutely shocked at the number of fisherman up there the past couple of days. I thought our home waters were crowded, boy was I mistaken.  At any rate everyone seemed to play nice with the exception of a few clueless anglers but that is to be expected.  There is a plethora of insects hatching and eager fish if you know where to look.
Daybreak and Fish Already Working

On my last night I managed to catch the tail end of the Dobsonflies and I had some decent fishing to go along with it.  It is always a pleasure throwing big surface flies in the light of the moon.
Sunset On A Rather Miserably Hot Day

Should be caught up on the current round of orders by weeks end, and then on to some projects I have been putting off for a while.   I will most likely put the next deal on hold for a few as I have to get cracking on that promised video.  Stay tuned as I will keep you up to date on that front and another which involves a timely clinic for the fall.  Check the proper page on the menu to find out a little more....
MMMM, I love Me Some Dobsonfly

Blog Archive