The Rats Nest

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Late September Brown Trout

The recent rains we received forced me to play hookie from work and spend yesterday morning chasing wild browns on a favorite stream of mine somewhere in New England.  Where I ended up received more rain than we did here in Connecticut, and it provided some decent streamer fishing.
This Guy Is A Bit Of A Glutton

I managed a few handfuls of fish like this, purely wild untouched browns that obviously have eye's bigger than their stomachs, hence the mouthful.
Nice And Colored Up

After tangling with a few of these beautiful specimens, a couple good drive by's by some larger brethren, I got this football of a brown.  I apologize for the quality of the photos, but I am not a master at the timed self portrait.  Guess I'll have to work on that.
Untouched Fatty

Headbanger Sculpin Strikes Again!

Just so happens, I wasn't the only guy out there having a day of it.  Peter Simoni sent me an email filled with elation about a fine fish that he caught the same day on the Farmington.  Peter has really gotten hooked on the European Style of nymphing and is a big fan of the Super Simple Nymph as an anchor.  Here is a picture of the 20 inch brown Peter tangled with, great job Peter and thanks for the report!
Photo Credit:  Peter Simoni

In less than a week the first of the two streamer classes will be here, and I am really looking forward to sharing one of my favorite ways to fish with all in attendance.  Good times.

Blog Archive