The Rats Nest

Monday, December 10, 2012

Busy Holiday Season

Are you ready yet?  I'm certainly not, I haven't even begun any sort of holiday shopping to speak of.  It's that time of year when fly tying for most kicks into full swing, and everyone is surfing the web looking for new patterns, little tricks or next years hot fly.  I have seen a spike in the traffic to the website annually now once November is upon us, and this year the numbers continue to rise.
The Results of Playing Around with Clear Cure Goo.  A Much More Durable Woven Mayfly

To go with this annual spike, I too have tried to keep things fresh with new content when time permits obviously, but in the middle of the fray of life, some things get put aside.  That DVD project for example, uh yeah, not happening right now.  My apologies folks, gonna work on that after the new year.  The show season is upon us, and I will be attending a few of them this winter, so there will also be a few weeks prior to their arrival where all in house orders will get put aside, only to get some stuff together for people to purchase at the show.  The symposium last month was an eye opener for me, and it was very apparent that I needed to have more "stuff" so to speak for those in attendance.  Consider that done, so when any of you see me at Fly Fishing Show in Marlborough and Lancaster, The Bears Den, or any other venue for that matter, I will have some of my more noteworthy patterns on hand for purchase.
Having A Little Fun With Aperture

The creative bug has once again struck me square and I have had some really great ideas that I have kicked around with some of my fly tying cronies.  Mike Schmidt and I talk daily either through text or a simple phone call, and we both are constantly thinking of fresh ideas.  I have gotten myself back in line with Social Media, and I truly understand it's importance in regards to building a brand and establishing a group of loyal followers.
A Full Compliment Of These Will Be Added To The Store By Weeks End

To go hand in hand with this, I have devised a couple of short term goals for the quickly arriving new year, and I would like to share some of those with you all.  First and foremost, I'd like to grow the number of likes on the Fan Page I have on Facebook.   Currently we are at about 360 likes, I would like to see this get to 500 soon, and a longer short term goal of 1,000 by the end of 2013.  Hit the business card below to be redirected to the fan page.
Click The Business Card To Go To The Fan Page And Give Us A Like

To kick things off, I'd like to get a little sweepstakes going, when we hit the magic 500 mark, I'll be doing a drawing for  a mixed selection of my patterns.  I won't let the cat out of the bag yet on what or how many, but it will be generous, I promise.  As we near the target, expect a follow up post with a picture of the prize.  Tell your friends, create some buzz, it's greatly appreciated.

Blog Archive