The Rats Nest

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Morning Coffee Pontificating, (speaking out loud actually)

My Morning Ritual Cup Of Joe, In The Same Mug Every Day

Anyone else out there tired of this weather like me?  I am not one to get seasonal depression, but this winter has already been a stark contrast from last year when we had maybe 3 days of deep freeze and my local waters were fishing good, really good in fact.  It has been a good six weeks since I wet a line, as the desire just hasn't quite been there with these temperatures.  I've done my share of cold weather fly fishing, and the older I get, the less appealing it seems to become.  I haven't even purchased my fishing licenses for this year yet, which is beyond delinquent for me.  Maybe I'm just being overly frugal or something, lord only knows

One thing that has happened, is my wife and I finally, I repeat finally got our basement (part my tying office) 100% back in order after last years kitchen project.  It is nice to tie in an orderly area once again.  I guess this all was the byproduct of scrambling to get things in check for an assessor to check our house.  It all paid off as it sounds like we are going to be able to refinance our house and get out from under that miserable mortgage rate we had when the market was high, (I won't get into that mess).

As a result of bulk tying for the past weeks show in Marlborough, I am a little backed up on orders at the moment, like 17 orders backed up to be exact.  I am tying every extra minute that I have, and am currently chipping away at one of the more lengthy ones at the moment.  If all goes as planned, I should be able to knock that number in half by weeks end, or maybe more if it all works out as I hope.  The beauty of the cleaning project was we now have a play area for the girls in the same room as my tying operation, so the kids and I can hang together sometimes while I tie a couple here and there.  Of course, only if they wanna go down there to play, but inevitably they wanna spin magic on one of the vises too.

I will say this though, I have a couple new colors to release in the store on a couple of streamers, as well as another articulated streamer for the store.  If I get to where I need to be, the next post will have some pictures and details on both, along with some fly pictures from this weeks work.  I've got a bunch of presentations and tying engagements over the next 8 weeks, hope to see some of you there.  Here's a quick list of whats coming, and a few others that are still in the works to be announced later:

Bears Den February 16, 2013
Ramsay Outdoors, Streamer Presentation & Tying February 23, 2013
Fly Fishing Show Lancaster PA, March 2-3 2013
Albany New York TU March 20, 2013 Farmington River Presentation
PSU Flyfishing Club Streamer Presentation March 28, 2013
Central Mass TU Farmington Presentation April 4, 2013
Croton Watershed TU Streamer Presentation April 18, 2013.


Blog Archive