The Rats Nest

Thursday, February 28, 2013

And So It Begins........

This weekend is the end of the show season for me, last stop Lancaster Pennsylvania.  Although I do have some speaking engagements left, the panic of putting some stuff together to tie will be over till the late fall.  A part of me will miss this facet of my fly fishing year, as I have made some great friends that I typically only see at these shows but once or twice a year.  Another part of me is releived as I won't have to scramble around like a chicken with it's head cut, leave the wife n kids behind for a couple of days for a weekend of spinning fur and feather. 


Dreaming Of These Guys And Bigger

As one things ends, another starts.  The Fly Tying is in full gear and I have been chipping away daily at a couple of very large orders for a couple of shops in between my customer orders.  I am finishing up the last order of January if that puts things in perspective, things are going well but the wait on orders increases.  I guess that's what happens when you're a one man show.  So for those of you out there still waiting, they are coming, I'm just starting the orders I received in February, I appreciate your patience.
Lots Of This Going On...

The best thing about March for me, especially after a normal winter, is its go time  on the water.  I'll be making my way to some water weekly from here on out, especially once I get these larger orders behind me.   The new ride should be here this weekend too, and you can bet that she will get broke in nicely this year.  Just so happens she's on her way from Idaho as I type this, and it seems as though I will be bringing her to her new home this weekend from Lancaster. 

The New Ride, Ready For Departure From Idaho
With spring, I have some new flies to throw around on the water to see if they make the cut.  A couple of which I've shown some sneak peeks on Facebook, others I have yet to let the cat out of the bag on.  Two of them in particular just from looking at them scream fish, and I am very confident they will make the rotation.  I also have a couple of new color options to add to some of the other favorites out there, so be on the lookout for those whenever I get a chance to snap some pictures.  One thing that is certain, it looks like we should have some water this year, and my quest for the "One" will be full on.  I have some really cool things in the works for this year, and things are already off to a better start than 2012.

So, here's to longer days, warmer nights and bent rods.  Get ready, spring is coming......

Blog Archive