The Rats Nest

Friday, September 27, 2013

Back From San Francisco, And Lasers In The Deadfalls.

It truly is amazing what a couple of days of rest and relaxation does to the soul, completely recharges your batteries for the next round of whatever life throws your way I guess.  To say Meg and I enjoyed ourselves this past long weekend is a complete understatement.  Although we dearly missed our two girls, we managed to see some pretty extraordinary stuff.  I honestly don't know where to begin, so seeing as how I am a total scatterbrain, I'll just bombard you with some of the highlights....



Ever feel really insignificant?  Standing in a forest of great Redwoods will do that to you, it had us in awe so bad, we went to a second forest cuz we couldn't get enough.


We walked through grounds of one of the most fabled penitentiaries in our history, eerie is the best way to describe it, but a must see.


We cruised the coast both north and south of the city and experienced some of the most breathtaking coastal views.


We ate Dungeness Crab on the pier, and watched some of America's Cup, and also checked out a few Vineyards in Sonoma.


Overall, it was a great experience, and I even managed to returned home with some time to wet a line.  And yes, I am once again haunted by another pile of crazy attacks at the hands of some Pike.  





I think I'm ready to chase some browns, maybe this coming week.......

Blog Archive