The Rats Nest

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tag This.......

Hate me now, hate me later, what have you.  I guess I'm letting my inside voice get out on this one, but I just gotta let it go.  I get it, we live in the "Social Media Generation", like my buddy Mike says, guys like myself are "Tweeners" when it comes to this stuff, kinda caught in the middle of being a full fledged Gen X and semi-old school crowd;  bridgers of the gap or divide as I like to say.

Maybe you out there in the cyberspace will agree with what I'm about to say, maybe you won't.  If you take offense to it, just erase this post from your memory. 

This new common practice of Hash tagging everything is beyond annoying.  I get it, # tag something and when people search for related criteria your post or photo will come up.  I think in certain circumstances this is a great idea on paper, but I think many have taken it WAY over board.

When I'm sipping my coffee panning through my various social media feeds, I find that I just don't quite understand some of the nonsense that some people # tag.  Personally, I think its wasted space and time, let your photos and thoughts stand alone.  So, in light of my annoyance,  I'm infusing some # tag humor at my own expense......

#blueshirts,#greentrees,#fish,#clowntrout,#Imafoolfortrout,#purplenosesrule,#trouttoolbox,#coloredwigsboy,#whocares,#givemefreegearforwearingyourwaders,#flyrods,#flyreels,#mytippetisbetterthanyours,#netthis,#IusedyourmaterialintheconstructionofthisflysoIwannabeonyourprostaff,#Insanetroutposse,#myfingersareburningfromallthistagging,#isittimetogohomeyet,#Iwearboxershortsnotbriefs,#myheadhurtsfromallthistagging.




Blog Archive