The Rats Nest

Monday, March 3, 2014

Partridge of Redditch


Hooks are a very important piece, if not the most important piece of a solid fly pattern, heck any fly for that matter.  Spending your hard earned money on good materials is one thing, but putting the balance of that on hooks that don't quite make the grade is like putting four flat tires on a Lamborghini.  Great hooks and great patterns are synonymous with one another, and I like many of my tying brethren strive to use only the highest quality products in everything that I tie.  Not to mention, I have always had a couple of fly tying fetishes over the years (sounds a little raunchy I know), one of them being hooks.    I am very honored and excited to be a part of the Partridge of Redditch Team, and in the forthcoming year I will be transitioning most of my pattern recipes to Partridge hooks exclusively.  Now, this doesn't mean that I do not like the other models that I once displayed or discussed, they are all still top shelf irons by all means.  I am just very happy to say that I have found the company that produces a very wide range of hook styles that meet my needs the most. 

To go hand in hand with that, I plan on showcasing a few of my favorites in blog posts, as well as a detailed  lowdown on what patterns the showcased hook will work well with.  Take a look at the page, when I say that I am honored to be a part of the Partridge Team, I mean this sincerely, as the list of people that comprise that team is impressive.    Keep your eyes peeled, I will have some rather informative posts in the months to come about these wonderful irons, and heck maybe even a few new tying videos at some point as well.   

Blog Archive