The Rats Nest

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tie One On


This weekend I will be making a bit of a road trip to the 3rd Annual Tie One On Fly Tying Rendezvous hosted by the  Iroquois Chapter of Trout Unlimited & Dette Trout Flies located at Barbagallo's 6344 East Molloy, Road.East Syracuse, NY 13057.  The show starts at 9:00 AM and runs till 5:00 PM and has a very notable list of presenters, fly tyers and celebrities from  fly fishing  in attendance, most notably streamer guru Kelly Galloup.  I'm looking forward to hanging with a few of my friends including Mike Schmidt and Pat Cohen, Kevin Compton, Allen Landheer, John Collins, Jim Froio, Brad Buzzy, Bob Mead, Dave Brandt, John Cavanaugh, Steve Silverio, Vern Burm just to name a few.  If you're in the area, stop on in and say hello and watch us all do our thing and talk about our passion.  I plan on tying some of my more notable patterns including the Headbanger Sculpin, Headcase Crayfish, Ice Pick and who knows maybe even a Hog Snare or two. 

My initial plans were to run up early and catch some Steelhead fishing prior to the show, but I've got too many commitments around here this week and the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament will be in full swing.  I will most likely be affixed to my computer or television with multiple games playing while production tying a big batch of Realistic Baitfish, spinning bugs for my own self, writing in the book or working out the kinks for the book photography while chasing around my girls who have a shortened week of school.  So needless to say it will be a short lived excursion for me this weekend, but one I am very much looking forward to.  Soon enough good weather will be here and fishing will be the main attraction on my free days.  Here's to the last show for me in the 2013-2014 winter season.  Cheers...

-RS-










Blog Archive