The Rats Nest

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

100,000 Words And 150 Pages Later

100,000.  That is a pretty daunting number when you first look at it, especially when your talking word counts.  I was contracted to write 75,000.  At the time, I had some major anxiety over seeing that number in print.  I will admit, there were many times when I  contemplated throwing in the towel or raising the white flag, but I didn't.

The first phase of this book project is behind me.  As I write this blog post, my first draft is off to the editor for it's first cut, even if it comes back with many revisions, I am feeling much better  than I did the day I signed on the dotted line to commit to this project. 

The third phase of this project is going to be another milestone once I get the revisions completed from the first draft.  Shooting all of the step by step photos for each pattern and compiling the captions will be a very tedious task to finalize this project once and for all.  So as you can tell, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but by no means am I about to exit.  As much as I would like to be tying up those new pattern ideas I have swirling around in my head, or fishing much more for that matter, it's gonna be slim pickings in those departments until I get this next couple of phases behind me. 

I will keep you all posted once all of this draws closer to finality so that you can all get a better idea on the release date of this book.  Until then, go fishing for me, and let me know how you do, its my turn to live a little vicariously through you. 

Blog Archive