The Rats Nest

Sunday, December 13, 2015

2nd To Last Post


You read that right, this is my second to last post at this blog.  I will have one more to go in the next week which will have the new web address.  This has been a great blog, but its time to clean things up a bit.  Don't worry however,  I will continue to have blog feed, but something much nicer.  Stay tuned for the announcement later this week.

In the meantime, lets talk fishing.  I managed to head out on some small water again this week, and this time with the guy who built the new website.  You see, Todd, like me, enjoys the pursuit of natives on small water probably as much if not more than myself.  So, with 60 degree weather in the middle of December, why not go chase some natives on some small water without having to battle crowds on the otherwise bigger water.  Now don't go thinking I have given up on chasing big browns throwing streamers, that never gets old for me.  I just needed a change of scenery lately.

The waters we hiked yesterday were about as scenic as they come around New England.  Although the numbers of fish were not super high, the fish we did manage to catch were absolutely stunning.  I even managed an old salt of sorts, his white and tattered lower chin indicate that he is a seasoned veteran for his neighborhood.  These kinds of trout are the real trophies in my book, and rival any brown north of 20 inches any day.  Enjoy the pictures, I know I am...

-RS-

Blog Archive